Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Back - and Recharged!

Helloooo! I took the night off from blogging last night so I could enjoy the evening to the fullest. I had a lovely night out with the hubby. (More on that in a minute.)

Here’s a recap of the past couple of days.

FRIDAY

I was up and at ‘em bright and early as usual. I started the morning with a big bowl of creamy oats and a plate of scrambled eggs.

3/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of unsweetened soymilk, 3/4 cup of water, 1 banana, cinnamon, vanilla, raisins, flaxseed, and walnuts

1/2 cup of egg white + 1 whole egg

It was a bit of a challenging day yesterday in regards to baby. I’m pretty sure she’s teething, so she was very fussy, a little feverish, and not at all interested in napping. Needless to say, I was wiped out by 10am!

Luckily I had my mom over here to help me out a bit. She watched baby while I refueled with some lunch.

chicken, roasted red pepper hummus, lettuce, and hot sauce on a whole wheat tortilla

plain Chobani mixed with cocoa powder and stevia, and a banana

My husband and I had reservations at a new Mexican restaurant a couple towns over, so my mom stayed and watched the baby. We were desperately in need of a night out.

My cousin is the manager at this new restaurant, so we definitely got the VIP treatment! I didn’t bring my camera with me because I just wanted to enjoy a night out with the hubby without any distractions. Here’s what we had:

  • Drinks: I ordered a margarita that contained tequila, triple sec, and fresh fruit puree. It was ENORMOUS and soooo strong! I only drank half.
  • Appetizers:Chips, roasted tomato salsa, and guacamole. (All delicious!) My cousin also brought us out a sample of their ceviche made with red snapper. I had never had ceviche before. I really enjoyed it!
  • Dinner: I ordered a chopped salad with chicken. The salad included romaine lettuce, chickpeas, red beans, black beans, jicama, pumpkin seeds, and a light olive oil/vinegar dressing. It was quite good. Nothing outstanding though.
  • Dessert: We ordered the flourless chocolate cake which was fabulous! It’s basically a condensed cake, so it’s super chocolately and chewy. My cousin insisted we also try the chocolate mousse, so she brought us out a rather large sample of that too. This mousse was TO DIE FOR!! I would totally go back to this restaurant just to get the mousse!

I have completely lost all tolerance for alcohol – something I was well aware of before I went out last night. I felt fine when we were out, but this morning I felt like I had had 5 drinks instead of just half. I knew that would happen, but I got a drink any way.

Do you ever eat/drink things that you know won’t agree with you, but you like the taste of them?

This is similar to my love/hate relationship with greek yogurt. I love the taste, but I know it tends to disagree with my tummy and baby’s tummy. Yet I eat it anyway! (Not for much longer though.)

*******************************************************************

SATURDAY

Baby slept until 7:15 this morning! That is unheard of for her. She’s an earlybird – usually up around 6. I couldn’t believe it when I opened my eyes and realized it was almost 7. Fabulous way to start my Saturday!

Speaking of fabulous, check out this deliciousness that was my breakfast!

raw almond butter and banana on 2 toasted slices of French Meadow Bakery Women's Bread, along with 3/4 cup of egg whites (had to finish off the carton!) + 1 whole egg

I ended up grocery shopping solo again today. My husband stayed home with the baby, which was good for all of us. She needs to get used to someone other than me feeding her and putting her down for a nap!

While I was out, I met up with my mom at Panera for a cup of coffee. And on the way home, I munched on a Honey Graham Clif Z Bar.

Bar review:

  • This tasted like a delicious oatmeal cookie to me! I was a little worried it would be too sweet when I saw the drizzled icing on top, but it was just the right amount of sweet. I am totally in love with Z Bars now! They are delicious, satisfying, and low in fat and calories.

I got home a little after 12:30, put all the groceries away, and fixed myself some lunch around 1.

huge salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, red onion, chopped pickles, chicken, roasted red pepper hummus, and hot sauce

 

plain Chobani mixed with cocoa powder and stevia, and 1/1 a small banana that was leftover from baby's breakfast

In the afternoon, hubby and I took baby for a nice walk. It was a beautiful day – sunny, breezy, about 80 degrees. We decided to spend a little more time outdoors when we got back. We picked TONS of apples from the trees out in the yard. We also picked some pears, squash, and a crapload of tomatoes. I’m thinking we need to open up a little farm stand!

For an afternoon snack, I heated up a La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla and ate it as is.

 

 I decided it would be nice to get my exercise out of the way early today, so around 3:30 I headed into the basement and did Biggest Loser Power Sculpt.

I continued on with my make-different-stuff-for-dinner kick tonight. I bought a pound of bay scallops at the store today. I decided to bake them in the oven. I coated a baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray and poured in the scallops. I poured a little chardonnay over them, tossed in some fresh minced garlic, and topped them off with some whole wheat panko bread crumbs. I sprayed some more cooking spray over the bread crumbs so that they’d crisp up.

I paired my scallops with some oven roasted asparagus, and a glass of wine (which I only ended up having a couple sips of).

It was a light, yet satisfying meal!

*******************************************************************

Tomorrow we’re going over to my dad’s house for a family cookout, which I’m really looking forward to. We’ve been back in New Hampshire for almost 2 months and I still have lots of family members here who haven’t seen my baby girl yet!

What are your plans for the long weekend?

[Via http://healthyfitmama.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment